pureCommerce What's New?
Our software is constantly being updated, and with each milestone, we let our clients know what's new. Use these links to get a sense of what's been changed with each release.
What's New Items for pureCommerce
- Hibernation Updates Apr '13These updates are already in effect. Form submissions sanitization A number of security changes have been put into place to protect yet facilitate flexible usage of, form, field data and many form fields. There is a maximum number of form field postings and payload size that may be permitted to post to a pureCommerce installation. You should experience no problems with form submissions unless you have a very, very large form to submit. If you encounter any form posting related troubles, please contact your support representative. Member Export Made the Member/Customer export process more effficient and resolved translation issues found with certain Member export operations and groupings. New Store Variable The new Store Variable... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Seasonal Roll up Nov '12This is a rolling update of recent minor patches Couse Management Added messaging to Course-Edit when looking to assign a product that is already assigned to an other Course record. Previously, the searched-for product did not turn up in the results query and there was no information message that indicated any recourse. Now a message explains that this product is associated with another particular course. Email a Friend (Item description popup) On the storefront from the Product-Details page there is an optional Email-A-Friend link/button that pops-up a page allowing the visitor to message others about this product as well as facilitate a custom message. We have removed the Custom-message field to prevent the "spammers" from using it to send marketting and... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Juno Patch Jun '12This Update patch mostly addresses FedEx modifications applied live for June. Also includes a few minor perceivable patches. FedEx Upgrade 2012 We have re-certified with FedEx for shipping rates and package tracking. Version 10+ SOAP Web Services. This means that the rates you see are coming from the new FedEx Web Service APIs and are not subject to the imminent shut-off that is planned shortly for the older API access methodologies. Please note that stores actively using Live FedEx Rate retrieval at the time of this update need to be RE-REGISTERED. Changing or adding a store to use FedEx live rates and tracking services can be performed at any time using the short registration wizard available under Office > Shipping > Store Shipping Carrier... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Rolling Patches Apr '12Although numerous updates have taken place in pureCommerce over the last several months. Many of those updates were too minor to warrent notification. This What's New serves as a roll up of the most prominent, recent patches. Shipping Updates UPS Std to Canada is no longer utilized Use "UPS Standard" instead:- make sure to set up the delivery matrix for which states/regions and countries the Ship-method can deliver to. Fixed Shipping over-ride bug: some rare circumstances would cause a shipping over-ride bug to not perform as configured. Fixed Discount display bug where a Shipping discount range that started at $1 (and up) would show as NO QUALIFICATIONS rather than REQUIRES a $1 order. We now allow $0 (and up) shipping discount range whereas previously a... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Summer Lovin' Aug '11Here is our Summer lovin' update for 2011. This What' New Update brings the pureCommerce software core up to version 11.5. Product/ Multi-Descriptor Import This import enables you to import a set of attribute values for a number of products at once. Unlike most of the imports, this import doesn't have a fixed set of headings; instead you specify referencenum, productid, and full productcode, (and product name, if you wish) and the names of the attributes (as entered in your system) you want to update. All of the additional headings must be attribute names; any alternative heading will cause the import to fail. There is no hard limit on the number of attributes to update, though most products don't have a large number of attributes. For each row, you enter an... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Summer Times Jun '11Many changes have been made to pureCommerce of recent, and this update describes some of the most prominent modifications as well as constitutes a version upgrade to 11.4. Shipping Overrides per Product You can now configure individual products to override shipping calculations and use a fixed rate instead, which can be very useful for Drop Ship situations. The per-product Free Shipping assignment tool (available from the Product Edit OPTIONS menu) has become the Shipping Override tool, and has been rewritten to allow individual shipping configuration of each product to override the current shipping method's configuration. You can choose either FREE shipping assignment for a given method or a fixed rate cost for each shipping method. The page is now organized by shipping ... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- May Days May '11The days of May are well underway and the weather is getting better, just like our software: this update brings your pureCommerce version up to a shiny 11.3. Checkout Process changes We've made some performance enhancements to the checkout subsystem, and have improved security and validation. For example, we now detect if a user is working with an already completed order (which can happen if the customer is viewing your site in multiple browser windows or tabs). On the configurability side, you can now choose to require (or not) an email address for shipping addresses. Use the RequireShippingEmail store variable to set this. Cart Improvements The cart page has seen a number of enhancements to improve configurability and performance. Cross selling on the cart page has... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- April Shmapril Apr '11Our April Shmapril update is now applied and offers the enhancements described below. This brings the software application version up to 11.2 Back Office:- General Modifications A number of changes have been made to the Back Office to assist with performing common tasks and resolving a few common questions. Added IP and Browser logging for administrative users. This information is also available on editing and listing admin-user pages and C-Zoom panels and attempts to report the Operating system & version as well as the Browser & version. For field-insight fields we now additionaly indicate them via rounded form-field corners (visible in IE9 and Mozilla/Webkit based browsers.) All fields now change color once you are focused into them. A new... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Shrove Tuesday Update (Updated) Mar '11This update is a culmination of tweaks and patches from this first quarter. Our software is now at the admirable version number of 11.1 ("Alas, eleventy-one years is far too short a time to live among such excellent and admirable hobbits." -Bilbo Baggins-). Product Maintenance We have moved the product extra options/features to a dedicated OPTIONS menu, which can now be accessed at the top AND bottom of the page, in the Bars with the Save and Delete buttons. This menu is now easier to access and easier to read. When editing a product from the Back Office, additional options are available at the bottom of the page. Such options as... Assign Free Shipping Configure Product Bundle Feature This Product Product Associations and so on... These items have... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Version XI - MMXI Jan '11Now that the chaos of the new year revolution is subsiding we bring to you the latest in software update happiness for 2011. This somewhat understated yet eminent Update brings our software version to 11.0 (XI) (Insert Gregorian chant). System Schedule Overhaul We have gone ahead and replaced the older Scheduling system with a new one. The new System Schedule System is already in place and pre-configured for you. It should provide more reliable schedule services with better logging and searching facilities. See below for some additional points. Office > Scheduling > Master System Scheduler: displays your System Schedules configuration and interval settings. Office > Scheduling > System Schedules: now touts a more informative interface and... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Decembrrrr Dec '10Now that we are closing in on the last part of the year we wanted to release some new features and fixes that we have been preparing and create a berry-laden-wreath of joy for this final holiday season of 2010. This Update brings the software version to 10.9. Email Queue Module We've added a new module, the Email Queue Module, which is designed to enable you to send out a limited number of mail-merged, template based emails to members, affiliates and admin users. The way it works, if the module is enabled, is that first you create a template of the type you want to use, then you pick recipients and add them to the queue, and finally, a schedule runs and sends out the queued emails, up to your daily limit. To create the templates, go to Office > Communications > Templates,... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- All Hallows Update (Updated) Oct '10We thought it appropriate to slide in our main October update between Oktoberfest and Halloween/All Saints seeing as they both make people act differently. Similarly, many sections of this spookily-good software have had improvements applied to them that make them act a little differently (better). See below, notable items. This brings pureCommerce to software version 10.8. Smart URLs We have added additional Smart URLs for the checkout process pages. Additions involve: Checkout-Login (Log in or continue as guest.) Checkout Step 1 (Recipient address and shipping.) Checkout Step 2 (Billing address and payment.) Checkout Step 3 (Order Review / Free item select / PayPal Shipping select) Order Confirmation PayPal checkout initiation (Initiates then take customer... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Falling for Autumn Sep '10This Update brings pureCommerce to version 10.7 and prepares us for the breezy season. Batch Print Slips Batch Print-slips now exclude digital products (those with a [downloadLinkString] value) and includes free-items that may have arrived in shopping carts as a discount promotion or Free-Item reward selection. All data migration has already been made to your existing installations. Fulfillment The main Fulfillment screen (Sales > Fulfillment) has been tidied up and made easier to read and use and a few minor bugs were addressed. For performance reasons, this fulfillment screen will only deal with up to 250 records at a given time. These slight changes in behaviour improves the usability and speed of the Fulfillment management Page. Importing Because... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- A Midsummer Addendum Aug '10Addendum This addendum update supplements the last What's New Update and brings pureCommerce to version 10.6. Google Analytics We have migrated the Google Analytics Merchant Id (GoogleTrackerID) to Store Data Links. So to add, remove or modify your Google Tracker ID for page and order conversion analaysis, go to Office > Stores > Store Data links. If you had an existing GoogleTrackerID you will find that your Google Analytics [GoogleTrackerID] has already been migrated for you From the Store Information Edit area to the Store Data Links area. Imports / Exports General Imports and Exports have always had an imposed upper limit on the data volume that can be amassed at a given time, but until now, data limits were moving and ambiguous depending on the... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- A Midsummer Night's Dream Jul '10Welcome to the middle of Summer! This update brings pureCommerce to version 10.5. Happy eCommercializing. Robots Text Directives You can now edit your own Robots.txt file which is used to instruct well behaved robots as to what directories and files can or should be spidered. Be aware that a badly formed robots.txt file or a file with syntax errors can relay misinformation to robots/spiders/crawlers and may cause adverse ranking effects. We do provide a software default version in case you mess up your own version, but in general, unless you know what you are doing regarding robots.txt files we suggest staying out of it. None-the-less; you can access the Robots text File Editor from Office > Security > Robots Text File. Click here to learn more about... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Spring Clean (Updated) May '10Many small enhancements have been made over the last few months including numerous and complex "Plumbing" enhancements. Here we summarize some of the notable changes. This update brings your software to version 10.4. ADMINISTRATION (All visual changes for this update are in the Back Office) Member Added search by Discount Code use. Created reimportable Member export. Improved UI and object usage for some member management interfaces. Store Datalinks We have created a new mechanism for data-exchanging tasks on a per store level. Under Office > Stores > Store Data links you can view available Datalinks. Data Links can be copied to additional stores where applicable. A datalink is a way of storing communication information between a... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Patching Thatching and more Feb '10Hello everyone, we are happy to provide some small fixes to some small issues and add a few things along the way. This update brings your software to version 10.3. Shipping Ranges We've added the ability for you to create Shipping Cost Ranges (Office > Shipping > Shipping Methods ). You can now create PRODUCT TOTAL shipping ranges that are either percentage based or Currency based (or a mixture of both). What this means is that for recipients with a product total between certain totals, you can charge and extra $X and extra Y%. Some hypothetical examples: Product SubtotalShipping Surcharge $0.00 - $25.00$5 $25.01 - $50.00$10 $50.01 - $100.0010% $100.01 - $250.005% ... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Janus Updates (Updated) Jan '10Many minor configuration and core changes have been applied to pureCommerce since the last update. Here we describe some noticable onces for you. This update brings pureCommerce to version 10.2. Janus is the Roman God of gates / archways / beginnings and endings. His namesake is January. Storefront Checkout The Payment page presented during checkout can have various payment methods enabled to choose from. It has been possible, in the past, to select a payment method such as VISA and yet enter a credit card number that is MasterCard. because the actual Credit Card selection is unimportant to the payment processing login, it was never really a common problem. With reconcilliation to accounting programs however, correct credit card payment names can assist a... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Topaz Shades Nov '09Another set of updates has been provided to our loyal UMS subscribers. These November (Yellow Topaz birth-stone) updates bring the software to version 10.01. Image Magnification Module added We have provided a Flash based image magnifier that is available for the main image displayed on the product detail page. If a larger sized image is available it will provided a magnified zoom lense when you hover over the smaller image. Also when the image is clicked, the larger image is zoomed into view in its entirety. Clicking on the larger image will close it. Note: The Image Magnification Module is only useful if the larger image is the same picture as the smaller one, otherwise the magnification will be displaying a part of a different image. This is a great feature for the ... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Autumnus Updatus (vX) Oct '09Well, it's Fall and we must say farewell to the fairer weather, but we are turning over some new leaves in the form of the following updates that are available to pureCommerce subscribers. These updates bring pureCommerce to 10.0. We are quite excited about these updates as they illustrate some fundamental improvements to an already great system. System Schedules We have rewritten the Scheduling system to be database driven and the schedules themselves are now referred to as "System Schedules". The interface is a little different but provides the same control and more detail and is extremely similar to the rest of the List and edit pages in the back office. In case you had forgotten, schedules can be accessed from the Office > Scheduling area of the back office. Note: When... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Summer Story Aug '09It's been a busy summer here at pureCommerce Central. There have been a series of updates which bring the current version of pureCommerce to 9.15 for active UMS subscribers. Some of these were rolled out earlier in August; others have just been released. Member Home Page Completely Re-written The member home page has been completely re-written from scratch. Internally, the benefit is better use of our objects, and better separation of the user interface from the process code, which will make future enhancements much easier, and the member home page more extensible. From a user standpoint, we've taken all the tabs out of iframes, which means much less of the awkward scrolling that you used to see. It's also enabled us to make the member home page completely accessible; all functionality... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Spring Things Jun '09We are pleased to announce the release of purecommerce 9.9 for active UMS subscribers. Major items in this release involve Back ordering, Order management and Email communications, and Partial Credits. Significant functional and visible changes that you may experience are described below. Inventory Back Ordering When adjusting inventory from an import or the inventory edit page, if your adjustment changes the net availability of a product, we now check and set or release the hasBackOrder (see below) flag of orders that involve that product. If the stock availability INCREASES: Orders that are on backorder because the product was backordered at the point of sale will be evaluated in a First-In-First-Out (FIFO) order. If there are... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- March Hare - Updates Mar '09We are pleased to announce important Updates to pureCommerce that bring UMS subscribers up to version 9.8. Many things have been improved and rolled up into this single release. Most notable items are described within this rather large What's New publication. NEW MODULES SEO Control Module The main intent of this update is to add a number of additional fields to both products and groups to give you more control and even better Search Engine Optimization performance. Adding these fields meant revising large parts of our group and product code, so we took the opportunity to re-architect a number of areas for better performance as well. Look below for references to the SEO Control module. Product Comparison Module The product ... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Wintry Wonders Nov '08Winter is here again and we are pleased to announce Updates to pureCommerce that bring UMS subscribers up to version 9.7. Many changes involved are behind-the-scenes and involve core coding improvements and further centralization and objectification of the core processing mechanisms of the pureCommerce platform. Significant functional and visible changes that you may experience are described below. Security and Reliability Hack protection and Bot abuse has been significantly improved while still allowing good spidering of your site content for search engines. You can view detected Bots and Non-Shoppers from the Office > Security > Security area under Storefront Bots Admin login; to login you now need to enter a three digit Access Number along with your ... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Service Pack 6 Sep '08New updates to pureCommerce UMS subscribers are now made available. These Updates bring the current version of pureCommerce to 9.6. These are cumulative Updates including all major modifications since the last published Update into a single Update. Minor modifications and enhancements already applied are not part of this Update. Inventory The inventory system has undergone some major changes in the way that it calculates processes and stores inventory data. Changes include: easier to read and manage per-product inventory management, Committed value research page, ad-hoc sort and export facilities per product inventory, smart return inventory management built into the Order management screen, conditional return management for fulfillment records, and order managed... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- May Enhancements May '08New updates to pureCommerce UMS subscribers are now made available. These Updates bring the current version of pureCommerce to 9.5. Product Enhancements Partial Payment If you view the availability and pricing options for products, you will notice a new option available under "Payment options" (per store). This new option is labelled "Accept Partial Payment". If you enable this option a "Minimum Deposit" field will appear. You may enter a minimum amount acceptable for the initial Order-payment. Orders can be placed at storefronts providing that the Minimum Deposit (or a higher amount up to the total of the product's cost at the time of purchase) is made by the customer. If a customer has one or more products in their cart that allows for partial payment, a... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Leaps and Bounds Apr '08We are pleased to release Spring Updates for 2008. There are a several discrete changes that have sneaked their way into pureCommerce over the last few months, and this "Whats New" describes some of the more important or interesting Updates. These Updates bring the current version of pureCommerce to 9.4. Customer based Order Alerts & Notes As you probably know, pureCommerce allows for various types of notes to be attached on a per Order basis. Now you can view how many of these notes/Alerts and Types are in place per Order from within the Content-Zoom of Customer Information (e.g. click on the triangle in the Sales Listing in the "Customer Info" Column). Additionally, you can access customer based Order notes from the Sales Listing by finding and selecting one or more... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Stocking Stuffers - Updates Dec '07Welcome to the Winter. We are pleased to announce Holiday Season updates "Frostie's Stocking Stuffers". There are a number of changes that have been made of recent; this "Whats New" describes notable items or updates that may benefit from further Seasonal Illumnination. These updates bring the current version of pureCommerce to 9.3. StoreFront - Product Detail Redirector We have modified the Product Detail page to detect when a particular product is unavailable (regardless of status) and to attempt to find an item of the same SKU and redirect to that product if we find one. This feature can help when a product line or variation set is discontinued or transferred to alternative product formats, or simply became deleted and re-created. If a matching product is not... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Performance Pack 2 (PP2) (Updated) Jul '07We are pleased to announce the release of Performance Pack 2. This release provides Back Office enhancements and optimizations for workflow and performance. This update also provides a Site Media Audit tool to assist in determining which images and files are not used by the system and could be removed to increase performance. Noticeable changes are described as follows: Advanced Pricing & Advanced Billing enhancements For those of you with the Advanced Pricing and Advanced Billing modules, we've added the ability to assign price rules and scheduled charge rules from the product areas, in addition to being able to select products from the price rule and scheduled charge rule areas. On step 4 of the product creation wizard, and on the individual product editors, these... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Summer Updates Jul '07We are pleased to announce Summer Updates for pureCommerce. This update brings your version of pureCommerce up to 9.1. Advanced Billing We have introduced a new module entitled Advanced Billing. This module enables you to create and assign sophisticated schedules and fee payments to products. You will be able to create Schedule template such as daily, weekly, monthly, yearly each with its own start date, recurrence properties and Schedule-End criteria. A schedule in combination with a fee amount and number of fee payments to spread out over the schedule makes up a Schedule Charge Rule or "Subscription Rule". A Subscription Rule can be applied to all products or just the products you select. When a product is purchased that has an attached Subscription Rule it can... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- pureCommerce 9.0 Launch Jun '07We are pleased to announce pureCommerce 9.0. This release features several major new features and extensive "behind the scenes" work to the software environment. Point Payment Module With the new point payment module, you can return your customer's loyalty with reward points. As part of the product pricing, you can set how many points a product will earn for a member when purchased (with money not points), and/or how many points are needed to buy a product. You control whether a product can be bought with points, purchased with currency, or both. The point purchase and reward capabilities are only available to logged in registered members. If one of your stores does not permit the display of point based purchasing or rewards then the display can be turned off via the respective... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Spring Updates Apr '07Updates for this Spring Variety Palette Picker Variety types can now have a selector type of "icon". What this means is that you can attach an icon (for example, a color swatch) to a variety, and your visitors can pick the variation value by clicking on the icon. To continue the example, the visitor could see a set of color swatches, and would pick their desired color by clicking on it. If you have separate product images for the color-based variations in the example, then the respective product image will be shown to match. This means that your storefront customers can choose from variety types using radio buttons, select boxes and now image palette selections. Custom Process Fields Updating With each order, there are some custom fields [ProcessField1] and [ProcessDate1].... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- January Embers Jan '07Greetings and a Good New Year to you all. We have made some minor updates that you may have already noticed, but just in case, we summarize the changes here for your information. Order Edit Under the Payment Processing area when editing an order, you will see a checkbox and a link saying "Don't calculate and balance the order." If you click on this link, or enable the checkbox, you will be warned the following: If you process payment with this checkbox enabled, the Order will not be calculated and balanced automatically.This means that you must be sure that all line item prices, delivery costs and any affecting values are correct or acceptable. This check box is defaulted to ON/checked if the order has at least one good transaction record (which assumes the order was... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Performance Pack 1 (PP1) Dec '06We are pleased to announce the release of Performance Pack 1. This release provides Back Office enhancements as well as storefront optimization for certain processes. There will be other performance packs in the near future. It also includes our Field Insight module that can considerably increase the accuracy and speed of administrative searches. Noticeable changes are described as follows: Field Insight When viewing search forms, you may notice that some of the text form fields have an alternative border color. These fields facilitate the pureCommerce Field Insight feature. Start typing in one of these fields, and when you need assistance / if you pause, a list of the top 20 results, similar to the text you have entered, will automatically appear beneath the field allowing you... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Utility Update Nov '06We are pleased to provide this utility update for pureCommerce 8.9. noticeable changes are described as follows: Library When you view images in your library (under Office) you can edit them. When you edit an image, you can resize it proportionally or by an alternative width and height also, if the image is of a JPG format you may choose the compression/quality factor. The tool has been modified with a more intuitive UI and utilizes our new image component, replacing previous scripts. With our new image component we can later provide other image manipulation features such as, watermarking, rotating, scaling, cropping, and text overlays. Attributes/Descriptors When you edit a descriptor you will find that it now has a check box that enables it to be searchable. If you ... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Inventory Maintenance, and more Oct '06There have been a number of changes to the inventory management system built into pureCommerce. Most of the changes are invisible to the everyday mechanisms of the software but some are noticeable. In addition, other areas have changed as described below. Inventory Inventoried items are deducted from inventory automatically at two distinct points in the system. Store Front: When the order is reviewed and submitted. Back Office: When the first good payment transaction occurs. Can be offline but is not counted if denied, declined, rejected, or reporting an error. Note: If an order is placed on a Store Front, then it should already have a "First Payment Transaction Record". Therefore, performing additional transactions on the order will not automatically deduct... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Service Pack 5b Applied (SP5b) Oct '06We are pleased to announce our Service Pack 5b for pureCommerce, the best in eCommerce solutions. This patch upgrades your software to pureCommerce 8.9 EU2-SP5b. Major Effects: This service pack provides important framework enhancements to the back office. Centralization and improvements on existing functionality has allowed us to strip rarely used code bytes from the everyday system. We said that we would be utilizing our on-demand Content Zooming more and more in the near future and we will continue to do so to provide a cleaner, quicker, more efficient user interface for our merchants. Script Enhancements Improved performance and capabilities of on-demand scripting features. Centralized core functions Expanded capabilities of core functions Provided... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Service Pack 5 Applied (SP5) Sep '06We are pleased to announce our Service Pack 5 for pureCommerce, the best in eCommerce solutions. This patch upgrades your software to pureCommerce 8.9 EU2-SP5. Major Effects: This service pack provides some general enhancements to the back office and usability as well as some core changes to support future enhancements. Sticky form is improved and even smarter than before. Fixed bug with purging Classified information that did not reset the next Purge Date. Sales The sales search form has been improved (yes even more) and now you can toggle affiliate / affiliate groups and search by recipient. The sales listing has been optimized a little more, and also now provides on-demand content zooming. If you mouse-over the Cart Icon in the ID column, you can see an... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Candy Patch 2 Applied (CP2) Aug '06We are pleased to announce candy patch 2 for pureCommerce 8.9. "What's a candy patch?" I hear you say. Simply speaking, just new, free, cool stuff not part of any scheduled maintenance or security upgrades or service packs. Candy Patch 2 additions: Improved Home Page Added Quick Jump options for jumping to Orders, Products, Customers, and Categories using IDs or text criteria. Added Fast Links for common tasks and reporting information. Organized content to provide more information in same space. New and added clearer iconography. Added Step down auto graph for cart conversion. This can be configured to not show (like news, weather, and comments), please contact your support representative. Sales ... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Post EU2 Information Update Aug '06The following changes and additions to some exports and imports are in now in place: Product Export Three columns to facilitate product long descriptions have been appended and the short description column has been moved to the end. The product Export Column List is now in the following order: Sub Store ID, Sub Store Code, Sub Store Name, Master PID, Product ID, Bundle, Full Product Code, Prod Code 1, Prod Code 2, Prod Code 3, Variation Code, Status, Product Name, Product Subtitle, Product Variation, Primary Category, Currency, Payment via Currency, Payment via Points, Cost Price, Retail Price, Wholesale Price, Store Price, Special Price, Minimum Advertised Price, Sale Price, Safe Price, Point Price, Point Earnings, Handling Cost, Profit Margin, Min Order Qty, Max... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Evolution Upgrade 2 Applied (EU2) Jul '06We are pleased to announce our Evolution Upgrade 2 for pureCommerce, the best in eCommerce solutions. This evolution upgrades your software to pureCommerce 8.9 EU2 Major Effects: This upgrade is part two of two and provides additional promotional features, order manipulation, data integration points, and smart controls for keeping your storefront(s) fresh. Sales The sales search form has two additional status options to select from: "Funds Authorized or Captured" and "Funds Captured or Received". This provides better facilitation for finding orders that are valid based on a number of status values. Sale Edit When editing a sale, the overview indicates if the order is a first time order at the top right. This icon is now clickable to provide the administrative ... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Service Pack 4 Applied (SP4) Jun '06We are pleased to announce our Service Pack 4 for pureCommerce, the best in eCommerce solutions. This patch upgrades your software to pureCommerce 8.9 EU1-SP4. Major Effects: This service pack provides features that assist in data portability and integration as well as additional software tools and miscellaneous patches. If you register with FedEx through Office > Delivery > Sub Store Shipping Carier area, you can rate retrieve and fulfill from FedEx in real time as well as create and fulfill packages with automatically retrieved shipping labels that can be printed via Print Slips or Fulfillment Slips that facilitate them. This includes a miriad of Extended Shipping options for FedEx. We have added a statistical product sorting option that can be provided to your... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Evolution Upgrade 1 Applied (EU1) May '06We are pleased to announce our Evolution Upgrade 1 for pureCommerce, the best in eCommerce solutions. This evolution upgrades your software to pureCommerce 8.9 EU1 Major Effects: This upgrade is part one of two and provides highly scalable pricing and Sub Store (Store Domain) features such as ten price types, price rules/schemas, user interface enhancements, and optimizations for page rendering including the new flexible pricing display options. Storefront searching and display of products that are discounted or price-ruled render dramatically faster and products not discounted render almost instantaneously. Sales The sales list, where available, displays an IP address under the "Created" column that indicates where the sale was generated from. This IP address is linked to ... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Order Maintenance & Fraud alerts Apr '06Fraud Updates Orders, when created, now log the IP address and country of the associated user creating the order. If this country does not match the country of the billing address for the order then a warning alert will be associated with the order. The warning described is an automatic order note entry and may be enhanced in future versions of pureCommerce. Order Notes of various types can be added, cleared, or deleted at any time from the order list and order edit areas of the back office. The order list page has a new column entitled "Alerts" and shows the distict types of alerts and notes associated with the order by displaying icons. Clicking these icons will display the details and also provide an interface into adding new notes or clearing existing notes. From the... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Candy Patch 1 Applied (CP1) Mar '06We are pleased to announce candy patch 1 for pureCommerce 8.8. 'Whats a candy patch?' I hear you say. Simply speaking, just new, free, cool stuff not part of any scheduled maintenance or security upgrades or service packs. Candy Patch 1 additions: Sales List Added an icon to the sales list in the check box column to view the product break down data for that specific order. Clicking the icon will open the 'Product in Orders Summary' window and display product facts about the order. Added product breakdown items under the OPTIONS link. Click on OPTIONS and you will see that you are able to show product breakdown data for all sales results or selected sales records. Reports Added a Sub Store Search Log Option.... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Reporting Maintenance Mar '06Report maintenance has been applied to the pureCommerce back office reporting set. Certain reports were previously pulling data from the instance in time that they were indexed with no ability to further re-index them. This only occurred in certain reports and was originally structured this way to reduce server overhead and increase reporting rendering speed. Also to provide a snapshot in time. We have found that some pureCommerce customers utilize this data as an end reporting facility in comparison to the live sale detail exports and therefore the numbers would not perfectly match. In the spirit of facilitating such a need we have spent considerable time making changes to the structure, data indexing and reporting rendering code. We can now retrieve this particular data set in... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Online User Guide Update Mar '06The pureCommerce Online User guide has been updated to reflect many changes of recent. There are still areas of detail and modification that need applying to the user guide as will always be the case as pureCommerce and it's help are living objects in our world of software. We hope you find many of the new additions helpful and remind you to utilize the in-page help options as a first recourse for troubleshooting or discovering the nature of an element or message. NOTE: If, for any reason you do not see an updated Online User Guide when clicking on the OPEN the online User-Guide link, then you may need to initialize your software. This can be done by opening the ABOUT window and clicking the red button. After initialization, you can visit the Administrative Home ... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Service Pack 3 Applied (SP3) Feb '06We are pleased to announce our Service Pack 3 for pureCommerce, the best in eCommerce solutions. This patch upgrades your software to pureCommerce 8.8 SUG2-SP3. Major Effects: This service pack is primarily Shipping centric and most changes will not be visible at your back office or to your storefront customers. This service pack provides core data and code structure to facilitate further features to seamlessly migrate into the up coming version 9.0. Shipping methods and all rules are now administratable per store domain (Sub Store) providing the most flexible solutions for shipping needs. This affects the check out code at the storefront pertaining to shipping method selections, as well as free shipping listings and descriptions. The back office is modified with new... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Service Pack 2 Applied (SP2) Feb '06Service Pack 2 AppliedThis service pack upgraded your software to pureCommerce 8.8 SUG2-SP2 and applied some additional funtionality, gadgetry and information to the adminitrative back office. This upgrade pack is primarily security centric and applies only to your back office. Encryption and data safety tools have been further refined and necessary logging will occur more concisely. Again, these changes are to continue our committed steps in assuring that pureCommerce conforms to Visa and MasterCard’s most stringent security policies where other eCommerce software companies continue to lag behind. Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Security Upgrade 2 Applied (SUG2) Feb '06Part two of our expected security upgrade is now applied to bring into full compliance with VISA and MasterCard stringent security standards. All Administrative User Profiles now have an additional security aspect named "Access Level" and all usernames and passwords are stored with strong encryption. It is important to note that if you have an access level of 0 (zero) then you will not be able to read sensitive payment related data although, if you have relevant access and zone privelages you will be able to enter new payment data. See Access Level Matrix below. Access Level Matrix LevelAccess DescriptionPre SUG2 Equivalency 0No read access of sensitive payment data. An administrator with level 1 or 2 access can temporarily unlock... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Inventory Location Maintenance Jan '06Provided interface for adding, updating and deleting inventory locations along with location code and adddress from the Inventory section of the back office. Inventory Location codes are used by the fulfillment import and must match the location code used when importing fulfillment records to identify the fulfillment location. In later versions inventory management may be in union with inventory locations so that certain items can be fulfilled from a variety of locations depending on stock availability and proximity to the customer. Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Sales Export enhancements and changes Jan '06Export EnhancementFrom the sales listing under options Exporting sales records is available. Performance has been dramatically increased for sales exports thanks to code enhancements and new data column dispertion from the previous format to the current one as listed here. Exporting sales in an "Order Summary" format now provides the following data fields... Order ID, Store Code, Number of Addresses, Num of Items, Created Date, Created Time, Completion Date, Completion Time, Fulfillment Status Date, Fulfillment Status Time, Status Date, Status Time, Internal Order Status, Order Status, Fulfillment Status, Affiliate ID, Affiliate Name, Product SubTotal, Tax, Shipping, Order Total, Bill FirstName, Bill LastName, Bill Email, Bill Street 1, Bill Street 2, Bill City, Bill State, ... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Service Pack 1 Applied (SP1) Feb '06Service pack 1This service pack upgraded your software to pureCommerce 8.7 and applied some additional funtionality, gadgetry and information to the adminitrative back office. Other 'behind the scenes stuff' is also in place for future enhancements and goodies coming down the line. Major Effects: Visibly, the telephone numbers are presented in form fields by area-code, then phone number, and then extension information. E.g.  [555-5555] [only call after 7pm] This can be seen at storefronts and the back office areas. To ensure no data loss relevant data in your database has already been manipulated to facilitate this service pack. Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Matrix Product Updating enhancement Jan '06Matrix updating for products has been enhanced. This option can be found in the product maintenance listing under the "options >>" link and is used to easily update common information or other properties for multiple products at once. Symptoms: When listing variation products (this is an option within the search form) updating would change the maintenance mode of the product to "Child Mode" under the assumption that editing individual variations meant there would be individual differences and, therefore, require protection from accidentally overwriting such changes. In this assumption product updates from the top level (non variety product editing) was disabled. Solution or work around: The matrix updators no longer assume to modify the maintenance mode of the product and now ... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
- Security Upgrade 1 Applied (SUG1) Jan '06Part one of two security upgrades expected to be implemented in the first quarter of 2006 is now applied taking necessary steps to bring pureCommerce into full compliance with new stringent VISA and MasterCard security standards. Strong encryption of payment related data will occur for past orders and transactions and ensure that all such future data is entered in the same encrypted fashion. We have also upgraded our IPS hardware firewalls for those hosted with us to further show our commitment to the prevention of identity theft and safe internet eCommercialism. You data has already been encrypted to a high standard to facilitate this security upgrade and you should see no problems or even differences at this stage to your storefronts or back offices. Many more security elements... Public Viewing is Limited. Log In under [Client Login].
Maximizing Business Potential
I was extremely impressed with the professionalism that your entire organization showed. Your account managers, artists, and programmers were all helpful and responsive to our questions and needs. As a business owner, I admire your ability to run a customer-oriented organization.
Dick Settles, President Settles Glass